Friday, October 10, 2014

Table Runners

Table Runners were the craft of Christmas last year.  I used my favorite medium for many of the runners I made: canvas drop cloths.  Once washed and dried, they are soft and easy to work with, although they do ravel easily.  Once I figured out to serge any raw edges, they are a breeze to work with.

I wanted to have something rather shabby-chic, so I layered some left over fabric I had from sheer curtains before embroidering.   Choosing white embroidery thread (I only use Isacord) gave me that classy look I wanted.  I have included the link to Sewing Supply Warehouse, where I buy mine.

These have been washed numerous times by one family that has children, and after an ironing it looks beautiful again.  Score!

These will soon be available on my Etsy store, Coffee Beans and Calico,  opening January 1, 2015.  (Sooner if I finish one of the new projects on which I've been working).

Stay tuned for more projects.  My sewing room (basement) is overflowing with projects still in the dream stage, projects in progress, and projects completed).  

So I'll pour a cup of coffee and get going to work!  

1 comment:

  1. I cannot thank Mr Benjamin service enough and letting people know how grateful I am for all the assistance that you and your team staff have provided and I look forward to recommending friends and family should they need financial advice or assistance @ 2% Rate for Business Loan .Via Contact : .  247officedept@gmail.com. WhatsApp...+ 19893943740. Keep up the great work.
    Thanks, Busarakham.

    ReplyDelete